Friday, January 2, 2009

Some kind of winter





Returning from a balmy 60 degree week with my family in Denver, the farm is in a wintery deep freeze. There is at least a foot of snow on the ground and huge berms where it has been plowed or slid off the roof. I don't mind the snow at all, it is clean and fun to play in, and so much better than mud! As long as the electricty does not go out so the water tank heaters are operable, chores are realitively easy.

We watched a flock of wild tom turkeys across the pond yesterday.

Helen, a Pyraneese/Akbash sheep loving guard dog, smiles her hello as I greet the sheep in the morning.


A path through the snow berm on my way to the barn.

1 comment:

Sayra Adams said...

I so prefer snow to mud. Actually I am really enjoying the winter this year! maybe it's because I took up spinning?